Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just posted stuff in the "Parts For Sale & Wanted" sub-forum, and noticed that, after I initially forgot to add the "For Sale" prefix in one of the threads, the prefix can be changed (via "Edit" --> "Go Advanced") after the thread is posted. I don't know if there is a time limit on until when a prefix can be changed, but, if there's no time limit, I would suggest to add some prefixes to the drop-down list that can be changed when the ad expired.

Currently there are to the 4 prefixes to choose from: "(no prefix)", "For Sale", "Wanted", and "Free Stuff". I suggest to add "Sold", "NLA" or "No Longer Available", and "Thanks" or "No Longer Needed" to the drop-down list, so that thread starters (and/or moderators) can change the prefix when the status of the ad changed.

Also, I think it would be useful for the prefix to be shown inside the thread (before the thread title) rather than just in the sub-forum thread list.

Now, there may be technical constraints that make my suggestion impossible (time limit, limit on number of character in prefix, etc.), but I think the idea may be worth considering -- or even a try. Better wording may also be useful.

·
Registered
9,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I figured out that the prefix can only be changed for a certain amount of time before the server locks it. So, my suggestion cannot be implemented (unless the server lock on that field can be switched off).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts