Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering about the merits of having several additional technical boards that are unrelated to vehicle type and more related to functional areas. For example, suppose that my '67 Duetto is running rich (a fact). The proper place for me to post is listed as '62 and up Spiders. Note that this broad grouping will include spider owners with Weber, Spica, and EFI systems. Since tuning Webers and Spicas cut across many vehicle forums, why not have technical forums associated with functional areas of interest.

What I'm suggesting is a seperate technical forum for each of some of the common functional areas we encounter as Alfa owners. Examples of functional areas might include some of the following:

Weber, Spica, Wheels/Tires, Rust removal/preventions, etc.

Another suggestion (unrelated to Technical Forums) would be to add an additional forum under the General category that would allow individuals to post relevant and interesting links for parts, pictures, and the like.

My last suggestion is that a forum is added for registery that includes the addresses and links of all known vehicle registeries for various types and models of Alfas.

·
Premium Member
614 Posts
I was thinking of the same thing but with a different approach. I thought that it would be a good idea to have the technical section organized by chassis rather than by model.

It might look something like this:

750/101 Forum

105/115 Forum

116 Forum

164 Forum

Either way, it's good to have these forums, & I hope it catches on.

·
Admin
4,862 Posts
Jim,

Thanks so much for the Feedback. One of the most difficult things to figure out as we were building the board was the groupings and topics for all of the forums. I knew that as soon as we turned the site on that the users would let us know what they want. I'll try to work on your request ASAP.

Thanks for the suggestions and keep them coming!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Alfasud, Sprint, Alfa 33, Arna

145/146/155

156 and 166

New GTV and Spider (the FWD ones - can't remember the series?)

----

Some of the categories don't quite make sense - e.g. Zagato, Speciale, Montreal, TZ-2..... what if I have a TZ-1? or a Tipo-33, or the ex-F1 (186?) Turbo car that was for sale recently? (no I don't have any of these)

Maybe one for the limited production road cars and one for the race models... or combine them in one and split them later there's enough interest?

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
Alfasud,

Yeah, I agree with you on that section, Smestas and I were dwelling on that section not knowing how to make a section for the Limited Cars.
I kinda like the "Limited Production Road Cars" and throw in a few of the model names, like we have in all the other sections.

For the newer models, Is there people in the states with a 146? 155? New GTV's and Spider's?

I'll have to talk to Smestas!

Thanks, Were going to have to work on the Montreal, TZ-1 section!

Keep the suggestions coming!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sniady said:
For the newer models, Is there people in the states with a 146? 155? New GTV's and Spider's?
I never really considered to ask if this site was aiming at International or mainly U.S. Alfa Romeo owners. Not that there is anything wrong with that, sometimes it's best to specialize, but it might be a good thing to mention this in the FAQ or somewhere.

Maybe in that case, if there was the need, you could have a single board for non-US models - I'm told there are a few 155's, 156's, 166's (the cars sold with "Autodelta USA" badge for example) and new GTV/Spiders in the U.S. and even a couple of Alfasuds.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
I'm with Alfasud. While I'm primarily in the US and have 75's and 164's, I am also frequently visiting my 155, and soon-to-be 156GTA outside the US.

I think if you grouped together 145 and 146, have 155 and 156, and expanded 164, 168 to also include the 166 I think you'll have covered it all.

Good job on the board, though. I've been coaxing my friends to come on board.

Nizam

·
Premium Member
614 Posts
I wasn't sure about international participation on this board; so I restricted my suggestions to US Alfas. I don't see why we could not or would not have members outside the US.

By the way, Nizam, if your 155 gets lonely because you can't visit it, I'm there for ya.:D

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Perhaps a "good guys/ bad guys" forum where people can share their experiences with vendors?

A racing forum to discuss race prep and war stories?

A restoration forum to discuss appearance related items (interior, paint, trim)

Welcome AlfaBB

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
mkeith, I don't think my 155 misses me much. The appointed caretaker - i.e. mom - is quite the Alfiste herself! My 155 gets a routine visit to the yellow/red zone to "keep the plugs clean" so to speak ... so whenever the wife and I visit it, it's in a great state of tune!

Now, someone help me devise a plan to get a 156GTA into the US. I'm dead serious!

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
nizam said:

Now, someone help me devise a plan to get a 156GTA into the US. I'm dead serious!

Ok! I got a piece of the plan figured out!

Once we get it to the states, I will drive it through back roads and canyons (so no one see's;)) to your house!

So...
... yeah bring it to shore and I'll deliver it!:D

·
Admin
4,862 Posts
We just added a few more forums.

Thanks for all of the input! As the site grows in numbers I’m sure we'll end up having to adding a few more. If there is still something missing please let me know.

THANKS!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts