Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently picked up a Quad hardtop for my S3 Veloce. My car has never had a hardtop and does not have any components to secure it onto the car.

That being said could someone please school me on what I need (hopefully with part numbers and vendors) to buy to get the hardtop installed. If you have any photos or can point me to a useful thread that would be great too.

Thanks and Happy Holidays!

·
Registered
8,104 Posts
basically you need:

2 J hooks that hold the Hardtop left and right and which clamp under the soft top frame (with luck you will have the brackets still on the hardtop (?), and just require the J hooks that go thru them)
2 black fasteners that replace the chrome knobs (aka. R2D2's !) at the rear.
Combination Hazard/Rear screen demister switch (directly replaces the normal hazard switch)
2 clasps for the top to secure to the windscreen frame (same as soft top ones, guessing they are there on your Hardtop?)
and to finish it all off.....2 plastic covers that each have 4 hooks that cover the J hooks on the sides.

Fitting tips:
http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/929388-post11.html
Factory instructions here:
http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/1079099-post11.html

Attachments

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dom and quadspy....thank you both for the info and photos. This is great. It looks like I only need to purchase the black fasteners and a hazard/defrost switch. The search begins!

I am missing the hook covers but I think I can make those myself from thin gauge aluminum and spring steel and cover them with black vinyl.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I think you may need a relay for the heated window too. It goes in the fuse panel under the dashboard and probably wont be fitted if the car didn't come originally with a hard top.

It fits in the second position from the right, top row, of the board as you look at it when the board is opened down.

·
Registered
8,104 Posts
hazard/defrost switch on ebay, but not cheap!
Alfa Romeo Spider Defrost Switch Quadrifoglio Hardtop | eBay

p/n is 60513237001 in case you can find it old stock from one of the alfa guys, diFatta or someone, maybe even APE has a used one kicking about....

the relay Anglo rightly mentions, was originally a sipea 0440 (12V/20A - 5 pin relay), which has the alfa p/n 60501199, which in turn changed to Fiat p/n 7686773.

The black fasteners are also on US ebay (just search alfa hardtop) but stupid money!!
Alfa Romeo Spider Hardtop Clamps | eBay

get them in Germany for a fraction of that;)
Alfa-Service

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks again Dom and AngloSpider for the info. I agree that $329 for (2) parts that list for about $40 each is highway robbery. I will place an order very soon with Alfa Service as they have a few more parts I can use. I will likely pick up the dual switch for the hazard and defrost off of ebay.

I wonder if anyone has a spare heater relay they may wish to part with????

Cheers,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts