Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after keeping an ear to the ground for a cheap useable engine for my gtv6 that consumes oil like crazy, I stumbled on some options recently. One was a 3L for sale in the Toronto area and a couple days after that popped up that a Milano in Calgary also showed up. Managed to get the Milano for the same price as the engine so went for it. Picked it up today. 88 Verde, 4.5 hour drive each way. It has definitely been loved in its life, runs like a top. Got a little drive around the neighborhood when I got it home and off the trailer, there is zero clutch clamping, slips with anything other than light throttle. ABS light is on once moving. Next step is to jack it up and get underneath. I need to see what the rust situation is as that will determine if I take a run at a government inspection or continue on with using parts..... :-s

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Congrats on your acquisition!! I must admit that I thought about it.

The Milano Verde is my "Eleanor" car. My first introduction to the verde was a much modified, very fast grey car owned by a friend in the Oklahoma club. After moving back to Calgary an owner with a black verde was thinking about selling his car and we even took a test ride...but did not pull the trigger (Might even have been this car?-it had wagon wheel momos at the time). A few years later I bought a black verde in Vancouver...and it skipped the belt one? cog just as I was climbing the Coquhalla out of Hope. The seller was a stand-up guy and I only ended up out the cost of the flat-bed from Hope to Vancouver and the flight back to Calgary.

Meanwhile making good use of the parts stash acquired from you to revive a 1982 GTV6.
jamie

·
Premium Member
2,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Congrats on your acquisition!! I must admit that I thought about it.

The Milano Verde is my "Eleanor" car. My first introduction to the verde was a much modified, very fast grey car owned by a friend in the Oklahoma club. After moving back to Calgary an owner with a black verde was thinking about selling his car and we even took a test ride...but did not pull the trigger (Might even have been this car?-it had wagon wheel momos at the time). A few years later I bought a black verde in Vancouver...and it skipped the belt one? cog just as I was climbing the Coquhalla out of Hope. The seller was a stand-up guy and I only ended up out the cost of the flat-bed from Hope to Vancouver and the flight back to Calgary.

Meanwhile making good use of the parts stash acquired from you to revive a 1982 GTV6.
jamie
Awesome the bits are coming in handy. I agree, Milanos are great cars, ran one in Fort mcmurray as my daily for ten years. If you change your mind on this one lemme know, still Alberta registered, was definitely loved at one time.

I was looking for an engine for this car,

I also have an 82 GTV6,

I need to find someone who will do rocker panels....

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Looks WAY to nice to be a parts car. Verdes are rarer than GTV6s, even if they are less appreciated. If the rust is minimal (looks like it, but not detailed pictures) would be a shame to lose a good whole car from the herd. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts