990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, I want to say that this web site is set
up great. You guys did a wonderfull job organising
it.

I would only suggest to add an archive section
of usefull/helpfull threads that have been
on here. Maybe organised by topic, such as
engine, trans, interior, suppliers, etc.

I really enjoy the site, keep up the good work:D

·
Premium Member
4,862 Posts
Keven,

Thanks for the feedback.

Basically the whole website and all of its postings are a searchable archive.

Alot of work has gone into the SEARCH function on the top right of the screen. There are alot of ways to refine a search to find what you are looking for. Part of the beauty of the site is that the larger and more post we get the larger the archive becomes.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Simon,
I also hang out at a site that specializes
in Mitsubishi Monteros. Great site.
http://www.4x4wire.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?category=23

Check out the archives they have put together.
Its kinda usefull to just surf around. I have
learned things on there about my car that I would
not have thought of searching for.

Its a great resource. It would be cool if this
site had something similar. Just a thought...

Here's the link to the archives:
http://66.216.68.23/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=forum&f=93

·
Premium Member
4,862 Posts
Keven,

Thanks for the links!

I'm going to check it out and see If we can do somthing similar.

·
Registered
365 Posts
How long does BB keep the post?

Great work on the revamped site ;)

Was just going through some of the older post and rediscovered many post that became relevant to me now but at the time of the post being posted it had not feature too highly on my must remember list.

So was wondering if the earlier post are still available to view since I would really hate to loose many of the post where tons of technical info, advise, and wisdom have been put into this BB.

Also if not, how do I save some of the better post on this BB for future reference when it comes time for me to do the same work on my car without asking again?

Cheers :D
fgc
67 spider

·
Premium Member
4,862 Posts
fgc said:
Was just going through some of the older post and rediscovered many post that became relevant to me now but at the time of the post being posted it had not feature too highly on my must remember list.

So was wondering if the earlier post are still available to view since I would really hate to loose many of the post where tons of technical info, advice, and wisdom have been put into this BB.

Also if not, how do I save some of the better post on this BB for future reference when it comes time for me to do the same work on my car without asking again?
FGC,

The site keeps all post indefinitely unless something bad goes wrong (our old web hosting). You can use the advanced search to sort, list, and filter every post since the site was turned on. If you find a particular favorite post you can do a few different things to stay on top of it.

1. Go to a desired thread and at the bottom of the page click on subscribe. depending on your personal settings you can be notified of any new post to that particular thread or you can go into your user control panel and view all threads that you are subscribed to (you can also delete subscriptions). This feature in the user control panel is a great feature that many don’t use.

2. Simply save the URL of the page that you would like to come back to by either book marking it via your browsers FAVORITES button or by copy and pasting the URL into some text file that can be saved and referenced.

I hope this helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts