Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help:confused:
I want to connect an accessory switch in to the center console of my S4 Spider and have a way to know it is ON.

I've been reviewing the schematics for the heated rear window (page 40-13 of the Service Manual).

And, here's my idea: Since I don't presently have a hardtop installed and I'm not planning on installing one in the foreseeable future, I was wondering if I could wire the accessory power source through the heated rear window wiring and use the dash light for the rear window heater as the ON indicator by:

1) Connecting the power source of the accessory to orange/black wire of the rear window heater
and
2) Connect the black wire of the rear window heater to the switch so the heated rear window dash light will illuminate when the accessory is turned on.

Any issues here?

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
You can give it a try. You may need that relay to make it work. The heated window needs a relay. Whether the dash light will work without it....don't know. Check those wires with multimeter before proceeding. And make sure if and when you test it that you do it in a way so that you can quickly disconnect it!:D :D

BTW....even if she left the CC switch on....its still turned off with the ignition switch. At night its a no brainer as the switch in the on position is illuminated red or yellow depending on which cap you used. But an idiot light would be nice. I wish the cluster had a place for one.

Best Regards,
John M

·
1966-2013
13,741 Posts
You might be able to incorporate parts of the foglight switch you didn't use too ;)

IIRC, it was set up to have a red LED active when it was off and a green LED when it was on, and obviously it had some semblance of instructions with it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts