Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Water from my 1989 Spider Q's air conditioning is dripping from underneath the dash on both sides (although right side is worse) and onto the carpet mats or passengers' feet. Anyone experience this? Any solutions? I've been advised to disconnect the hose beneath the glove box and push a wire through it, as it's probably clogged. :confused1:

·
But Mad North-Northwest
10,505 Posts
Yeah, usually it's the drain hose. Either a blockage in the bottom of the evaporator or a blockage where it exits under the car. Not usually rocket science to fix.

The other thing that can happen is that if the AC hoses under the dash were replaced, they may not have re-wrapped the metal bits in tar tape. This'll cause water to condense on the metal fittings & hoses and drip on your feet.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
There are 2 drain hoses you need to look at. Both are hard to get at with the dash in. Below are photos of these hoses with the dash out. You can buy replacements from Mr Fial in Atlanta. First photo is drain hose beside streering column mount on drivers side.
Robert

Attachments

·
But Mad North-Northwest
10,505 Posts
Those are the cowl drain hoses. Different issue. If you're getting water in the car when it rains, those are where to look.

If you're only getting drips when the AC runs, there's a separate, smaller hose running out of the evaporator box that you need to look at.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep, I unplugged the drain hose and gently ran a straightened wire hanger through out. No water evident after running A/C.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts