Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I went to remove the high and low hoses to the compressor of my '91 164L and the aluminum tread stripped on the compressor. Anyone out there have a junk compressor that can sell me that part?

·
Premium Member
27,522 Posts
I can let you have a good CB head for your 91 164 compressor but reusing your old head gaskets may or may not work. You will have to be very careful removing head bolts and lifting off old CB head, gaskets and reed valve plate. You should use a torque wrench and an alternating cross-sequence to torque head back to compressor. Bolts are 8mm with 13mm hex head so I would torque to about 15 ft lb since compressor and head are Aluminum.

Pay attention to alignment pins on how reed valve plate fits head, body and gaskets.

You will need to add correct amount of oil and of correct type. If a R134a conversion use Ester oil.

PM me with your address and paypal email and I can invoice you for part and shipping.

·
Premium Member
27,522 Posts
Remember when you change SD-709 A/C compressor CB head you should replace head gaskets - one on each side of reed plate which has the 7 valves for the seven pistons.

CB designates the type of suction and discharge ports the 164 compressor head has on it.

They are a set but different on each side of plate.

This is a mini 9 cubic inch rotary pump (motor).

I got my last set from Harold Electric in Walla Walla, WA a farm tractor store for farmer's a/c combines/tractors. Harold Electric Co. specializing in Ag & Mobile Products email [email protected]

http://www.heco.net/MainCat/compressors.pdf is catalog for many compressor parts.

Their number in catalog but ask them to be sure is GA-1342 for Sanden SD708, 709 Cylinder Head Gasket set.

Don't ask me how I found this place cause I don't even remember anymore.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts