Alfa Romeo Forums banner

ABS light

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  maf4life 
#1 ·
Quick question for the alfa romeo experts. I recently replaced the rear hubs on a '91 164s, but now the ABS light comes on intermittently? I ordered the hubs from international auto parts, and they said these hubs were the proper application for the vehicle. Also, while the light is off, the brakes pulsate, and while the light is on, they feel fine. I would appreciate any insight.
Thanks

#2 ·
Double check if the hubs are mounted correctly by measuring the gap between the ABS sensor and toothed ring on the hubs.

Also check if the wires to the sensor or sensors have not been damaged in the process of replacing the hubs.

If you still have the old hubs somewhere, check if they have the same number of teeth on the ABS ring as your new hubs.

#4 ·
Okay i counted the teeth and they are the same as the old hubs, 90 teeth. However when i had the wheel off, i noticed that there was an intermittent grinding sound of the caliper on the rear disc. It appears the hub was put on slightly crooked, which I think is leading to the intermittent ABS light. Well see I suppose

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.