Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Today while I was out enjoying the performance capabilities of the 164Q, the ABS light came on a couple of times today. It reset when ever I turned the car off and restarted. Any suggestions as to why it has suddenly come on? Things to check?

Anyone bought rotors for 164's off of Ebay? I would like to get a set of drilled rotors if I can afford them. I need to replace my rotors as I don't want to trust anyone to turn them again. I will be installing some nice EBC or Porterfield pads to go with the new rotors. ;)

International has drilled rotors for the same price. :) I think I will call in an order tomorrow and bypass Ebay.

·
Registered
95 Posts
The ABS is driven off a hall effect sensor down under the outer part of the driveshaft. Give it a quick squirt of compressed air or similar and check for other dirt or mud build up on the driveshaft itself (you can see the ABS thingy from behind the brake rotor). It's like a tiny little magnet in a holder, at the end of a wire underneath the strut, pointed at the ridges on the driveshaft. I had an ABS light on when I bought my older car, and a quick shot of brake-cleaner around the sensor and much removal of crud has made it go away. If I could only get rid of the pesky brake warning light itself I'd be happier, but I think it's the fluid level sensor rather than anything else.

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I will check that. I was thinking it might be a connector that is loose and I will check those also. I will do all of that when I am installing the rotors and pads.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts