Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone that wants a creme colored 1977 Alfetta sedan contact me at [email protected]_earthlink._net for details of who to contact. Pat and I owned this car, I sold it after his death to an unnamed party who left it. It has been impounded, so it can be had for the impound, storage, and towing fees. When I sold it, it had a weak clutch; the reason Pat had parked it. I have the check-off sheet of the cars condition and what it contains.

I am sending the Hemet Sheriff's Department a copy of my release of liability when it was sold so either that party is going to have to take care of the problem or someone else can have it for the fees. I'd like to see it saved, but have other things on my plate at this time; this is just a mere annoyance to me at this time; people that don't transfer titles properly when they purchase a car.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Any ideas about the total amount owed? Also, in what condition is the body and interior?

·
Registered
4,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any ideas about the total amount owed? Also, in what condition is the body and interior?
I sent you what I know about it by e-mail, but for anyone else that is asking about condition, the impound notice shows everything in tact, nothing missing, or stripped etc. The fees are minimal as far as impound indicated on the notice, under a $100; I have no idea what the tow bill was; it was impounded on 11/07/07 so storage would be from that point forward.

Attached is a picture of the three sedans that were left in Hemet. The picture was taken in Hemet; I don't remember exactly how long after these were sold that this picture was taken. I don't know what has happened to the other two at this point. The creme one in front is the one with the weak clutch; the one behind it is an automatic. The blue 79 is a manual and was my everyday driver as well as the automatic sedan. Pat drove the other manual creme sedan.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Abandoned 1977 Alfetta Sedan/ Hemet / Lee Midgely

Peter:

I've tried to respond to your e-mail, however, the alfa bb is returning a fatal error at the e-mail address they have on record for you: the excite one. If you want to send me an updated e-mail address, I'll be happy to forward the returned message.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I remember seeing these cars a while back. I bought an exhaust for my '78 Sport Sedan on ebay from a seller who lived just down the street from these Alfettas. I drove out form the Pomona area to pick up the exhaust rather than pay for the shipping. The seller walked me down the street to look at them. None of the body panels interchanged with my '78 so I was not too interested in contacting anyone about them. Seems they were left behind by an Alfa guy who moved to the Bay Area. That being said, they each look to be sound. No serious or significant rust from my causal look see. They would seem to be excellent parts cars, or, the makings for at least one good Alfetta sedan.

Randy Harris
'62 & '67 Spiders
'78 Sport Sedan
La Verne. CA

·
Registered
463 Posts
Hector from the impound yard says that the car went to the salvage yard a couple days ago. We want to save this car and maybe bring it back to Michigan. Can someone in the area go check it out before they crush it? Also, if someone goes out to Hemet to see it please post some pics. I think Pat would be proud if someone were to save his car.

·
Premium Member
2,076 Posts
None of the body panels interchanged with my '78 so I was not too interested in contacting anyone about them. They would seem to be excellent parts cars, or, the makings for at least one good Alfetta sedan.
I'm confused :confused: The picture and Cheryl's description clearly show two Sport Sedans ('78 - '79) and one Alfetta Sedan ('77). Meaning you would have had two cars to pick body panels for your car, or possibly combine them to make one driver. Only the one '77 wouldn't have been of any use to you.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I'm confused :confused: The picture and Cheryl's description clearly show two Sport Sedans ('78 - '79) and one Alfetta Sedan ('77). Meaning you would have had two cars to pick body panels for your car, or possibly combine them to make one driver. Only the one '77 wouldn't have been of any use to you.
According to Cheryl, the two Sport Sedans are no longer around. Only the '77 is available. Also, Rob McMahan is interested in saving the car, not parting it out.

Of course we could always Photoshop them together...;)

·
Premium Member
2,076 Posts
Right - but I don't understand Randal Harris saying he walked down to look at them a while back and he wasn't interested in contacting anyone about them them since his sport sedan is a '78?? He states plural, and unless there were a bunch of series 1 sedans there before the picture was taken I'm totally confused by his post. Not that it matters mind you - I'm just bored. :)

I'm thinking about a road trip in my GT to San Diego for the new years, I might be able to swing over that way to check it out/take pictures, but I don't know if the car would still be sitting pretty by then.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Jeff,

Upon further review, I stand corrected. I don't why I miss ID'd or miss recollected. I hope they went to good homes or to good use.

Randy H.

·
Registered
4,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Abadoned 1977 Alfetta Sedan / Hemet

According to Cheryl, the two Sport Sedans are no longer around. Only the '77 is available. Also, Rob McMahan is interested in saving the car, not parting it out.

Of course we could always Photoshop them together...;)
Just so we're all on the same page with what Cheryl knows, what she did, the mistakes she's made etc. (There are too many to list here, so we'll stick with Alfa sales.) I sold the three cars pictured to an unnamed bber who moved up north and left the cars in Hemet. He claims he gave the owner of the property, where you see the cars pictured, the pink slips for the three cars. Also claimed, I have no proof, is that the owner has since died. So I have no way of knowing if he sold the other two sedans or if at some point they will also be impounded and I will be notified since they appear to still be in my name since the other party didn't bother to follow through on the California registration requirements.

When it first happened and I was aware of the cars in Hemet, based on another thread here on the bb, I tried to get a few friends to at least save the blue 79 for me, which was my favorite everyday driver. But there were no takers, unfortunately. Do I regret selling them to this party, h*ll yes.

sfalfa said:
Right - but I don't understand Randal Harris saying he walked down to look at them a while back and he wasn't interested in contacting anyone about them them since his sport sedan is a '78?? He states plural, and unless there were a bunch of series 1 sedans there before the picture was taken I'm totally confused by his post.
Confused, to me pretty straight forward, keeping in mind that I don't know Mr. Harris from anyone else, only basing my opinion on what he wrote. There are some of us who love Alfas and go out of our way to save or have Alfas saved or placed with someone who cares, is willing to put the effort in to save it or get it to someone that will, and then there are those who are only interested in the part they're looking for and their particular project. This appears to be the case in point.

·
Premium Member
2,076 Posts
I feel your pain Cheryl. Don't ever ask me to expain what happened to my two previous sedans. I'm still not sure myself, and it brings me to the edge of tears thinking about the whole mess. Some people suck, big time. :(

·
Registered
4,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)

·
Registered
463 Posts
Anyone ever figure out what happend to this car?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts