Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
well that sucks...but at least it wasnt a gravel truck that did it. You could brag that at least it was a porsche?

·
Registered
3,506 Posts
Have "comprehensive" coverage insurance? I think that's what it's called in these United States.

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
Porsche Cayenne
An exercise in overindulgence for these times IMO.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Any chips on the bonnet? Did you get on the horn and chase the a$$ hole who did it to you? They think they can get away with damaging other peoples cars because they drive a expensive piece of junk which couldn't go offroad if it had to. Sorry but there is NO point in driving an SUV that you wouldn't want to drive on a gravel road, they should do themselves a favour and just buy a boxter s or a 911. The Cayenne has to be one of the ugliest looking cars I have ever seen, I drive past one every day and I just can't get over how bad it looks.

Sorry to rant but I hate ***** drivers that are inconsiderate of cars around them when they are on the road.

·
Registered
3,506 Posts
I was once stopped by a very understandably angry someone who said a stone was thrown by our rear wheel and broke his windshield. I assure you that such things both happen and are random occurrences. They are classed as "road hazards" here and are not generally actionable against the car which threw up the rocks. If the offending vehicle is a truck which drops material onto the road and trailing vehicles, that is quite another matter. But if you can drive so as to toss up gravel to damage a chosen following vehicle, then you are a much more skillful driver than I. I generaly don't even notice chunks of gravel on the road unless there are enough pieces to constitute a pile.

MIchael

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I had my windshield broken one on my old car by a truck that drove into the sholder of the road infront of me, I thought about calling the number of the company listed on the truck door, but I dont think it would have done any good at all.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No other damage to the car...just one hole where the rock punched through...

There was just the two of us on a three lane Motorway and I watched in slo-mo as the rock was thrown out from under his wheels...At least it hit the passengers side!

To be honest I didn't even bother with the other driver...these things happen! At least I'm getting good value for money from my insurance Co.
Two windscreens in 2 years!!! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
448 Posts
I was once stopped by a very understandably angry someone who said a stone was thrown by our rear wheel and broke his windshield. I assure you that such things both happen and are random occurrences. They are classed as "road hazards" here and are not generally actionable against the car which threw up the rocks. If the offending vehicle is a truck which drops material onto the road and trailing vehicles, that is quite another matter. But if you can drive so as to toss up gravel to damage a chosen following vehicle, then you are a much more skillful driver than I. I generaly don't even notice chunks of gravel on the road unless there are enough pieces to constitute a pile.

MIchael
It is one thing to be tailgating the car in front, there is no excuse for that as any stones chips would be rightly deserved. If roads have poor surface areas and the driver in front keeps on driving like a cut maggot then that is what I call irresponsible driving. It doesn't matter how many car lengths you try to slow to because the damage is already done. Drivers that cut corners and run there wheels over the gravel/dirt on the side of the road should be booked, they are to lazy to steer within the lines so they just cut across, it is shameful. I've had trucks at about fifty metres still manage to spit rocks at me and to overtake you have to speed well over the limit to get past them, Truck drivers should be a little bit more wary in high traffic areas to drive slower to avoid damage to other cars, not to mention making it easier to pass them. I'm speaking mostly for semi trailer size trucks. I don't know what the roads are like over where you live but in Tasmania it is safe to say that there isn't a road that is built here to handle a large truck driving at pace.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts