Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 3 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,942 Posts
GTA 1600/GTA 1300 Junior replica

Hello members,

Here is a very nice replica GTA 1300 Junior built on a GT Sprint body (from 1967).
It will have cost lots of money and will be great fun to drive. Here is an example of how it can be done. Have a look at: Alfa Romeo GTA Replica | Garage Steutel, Almkerk No connections by the way!

Quite a few nice replica's around. Buying an existing one is an option too. Unless of course the building is the fun and/or you want it exactly your way!

Ciao, Olaf

Attachments

· Registered
1,942 Posts
Where should this thread be located?

hi Everyone

my forst post here.. im new to Alfa, coming from having owned Marcos, Ginetta, alpine-renaults..

i just sold my '77 alpine renault and im kinda decided now on having a GTA rep to run along side my '63 ginetta G4 race car

It will be road/track day car. I really like the wide body flared arches look, but i want a step nose car.. So would i be right in saying that the step nose cars that wore arches were GTA 1300 juniors and not the larger engined variants .??

If so, would it be a bad idea to make a flared step nose and run it with 2litre for reliability/performance...?
is it a shame to have to cut the arches if they are good..
are tyres for the 8-9 inch wide rims gonna be extremely expensive..?
would it be wiser/more desirable to keep the car with standard bodywork..?

i may have found a donor, a '71 GT junior..
help with the above appreciated, thanks for any advice :)

shad

Dear Shad,

The above questions were what you were asking us. Let me try to explain why the discussion drifts in the direction of 'does this topic belong here'.
If you desire a stepnose car with a wide body (wheelarches) and 13 inch/8 or 9J wheels, this would make it the replica of a GTA 1300 Junior with or without the aluminium body and other GTA 1300 Junior goodies.

Replacing the 1300 or 1600 engine with a 2 liter is off course possible. That would make it some sort of hybrid between a narrow body 2000 GTV and a wide body 1750/2000 GTAm/GTA 1300 Junior. Nothing wrong with that.

But if you want to discard the wide wheelarches and keep the body narrow, what we are really talking about is some sort of fast 2000 GTV trackday/roadcar with a stepnose front. 13 inch/8 or 9J wheels will not fit a 'narrow' body, so they will have to be discarded in favour of 14 or 15 inch/5,5 or 6J wheels in order to keep the car streetlegal/racelegal.

So it seems you are drifting away from the idea of a wide body GTA 1300 Junior replica and arriving at the idea of a fast narrow body 2000 GTV trackday/roadcar with a stepnose front. Great idea if you ask me. But if that is what you want, this question is better of in the GT 1965 - 1974 chapter in my opinion.

On the other hand, if you want to build a stepnose car with wide wheelarches and 13 inch/8 or 9J wheels, this would make it a more or less faithful replica of a GTA 1300 Junior with or without the aluminium body and other (Autodelta) goodies. If so, this car would be interesting to discuss here (in my opinion).

Just my 2 cents!

Ciao, Olaf

· Registered
1,942 Posts
I just have to say something.

MY GOD, SOME OF YOU PEOPLE ARE PATHETIC. GET A LIFE......

Does it really matter what is posted where. Will the world stop revolving? Will governments topple? I'm sure If someone who starts a thread and thinks they aren't getting the info they want can try another section. Im also sure the moderators do enough work without checking every single post for a hint of a (gasp) replica.
So all you do gooders just bugger off and allow everyone to enjoy their Alfas and to do what they want to them.
Hello Spannerman,

In my opinion it does matter where a topic is posted. Certainly if you want to search the BB for specific information. If you are looking for a 'fast road/track GTV', life will be easier if you just have to look at the 'GT 1965-1974' chapter. Looking for a 'replica GTA' does the same in the 'GTA, GTA 1300 Junior & GTAm 1965 - 1975' section. Just my 2 cents.

Ciao, Olaf.

1 - 3 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.