Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I'm waiting for my 1-4 psi fuel pressure regulator to arrive, I've been doing some other tinkering, and discovered the cause of a slightly misaligned driver-side door on my 1300 TI: a missing hinge pin. Originally both of the door's hinges had upper and lower hinge pins pressed in, but one of the lower ones fell out, hence having to lift the door handle slightly to get the door to close properly. Does anyone know of a source in the U.S. for replacement hinge pins, or could you suggest some kind of substitute that I could find at a hardware store?

Many thanks,
AA

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got my hinge pins from Classic Alfa. That was fast.... But before I can tap them in, I need to get out the remains of a couple of broken hinge pins that are stuck in the hinges. Any suggestions, or tricks, for how to do that?

Thanks!
AA

·
Registered
6,766 Posts
I had some steel rod that was a bit smaller diameter than the pins. Had to cut it into short pieces to get into the hinge space, starting with a short piece.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is it possible to drift out the old pins without removing the hinges from the car, i.e. while the door is still attached?

AA

·
Registered
6,766 Posts
Yes, I was able to drive the pins out of the rear doors. Fronts I had to un-bolt the hinges from the body.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Aha. I used the new pin to drive out the old, ineffectual one. Piece of cake.

Much obliged,
AA

1 - 7 of 7 Posts