Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I was going to change the oil and then remeber that the sticker under my hood pealed off. I wrote down the quanties and make of the recomended oils but can't seem to find that. It's been a while so I wanted to make sure for my 84 spider I should use 7 qts? and then I forget which oil to use?:confused: So if anyone could help it would be great.
Thanks alot..

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hi, am not sure if it helps but I have a series 2 spider and use 7 quarts of Castrol GTX 20w50.

Have fun,

Ted

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
The '84 takes 7.1 quarts of 10W/50 engine oil. (Most of us do use 20W/50 during the warm months of the year.)

Best regards,

·
Registered
622 Posts
Oil

Just a quick tip I usually put the first 6, to 6 and a half in and then follow half a quart at a time to give the the new filter a chance to absorb it's quota. Call me paranoid.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,365 Posts
Just a quick tip I usually put the first 6, to 6 and a half in and then follow half a quart at a time to give the the new filter a chance to absorb it's quota. Call me paranoid.
Even better is to pre-fill the filter with the first half quart before installing it. If the filter has a good anti-drainback valve, that oil will stay in the filter and you will not have a few seconds of oil starvation at start-up while the filter fills.

Joe

1 - 7 of 7 Posts