Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any members in the collective mind that might have a suggestion as to how to test a brake booster while it is out of the car and sitting on its own?

I'd love to be able to find out its status before I go to the trouble of putting it all back together. One reason I dove into the car to begin with was that the brakes seemed a bit hard (e.g. didn't stop the car all that well.) when the car was running. After disassembly though I found rusted pistons, which were probably stuck, corrosion, and other suspicious "things and stuff" that may have accounted for the lack of stopping ability of the system as a whole.

I'd like to rule out the Booster if possible.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

David

·
Registered
228 Posts
Well, it not so hard to do , but please dont laugh... Put your mouth on the vacuum inlet pipe and suck the air while you or another person push from the other side the piston. If when you strongly suck and the other guy -or you -feeling need less force on the piston , or, when you suddenly stop sucking the other guy feels at once that need more force to make the piston going deeper, then your brake booster might be fine! However, take care of the words " at once", since this : sucking/ less force -no sucking/more force has to have rappid action and staying the same ...

* no ralations with any other meaning....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts