Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how many of you made any performance upgrades? wheels/tyres, shock/spring/ camshafts/ motor modifcation?,and why,,and what would you wish you could do to your alfa to make it better??thank you.........i feel lost here now..:( like i am mence evertime i put my car on the road..

·
Registered
459 Posts
Planning to...but still stock. Saw that turbo kit, and I'd love 200 bhp from my 4 cylinder. Guess some suspension upgrades would be nice, and an ANSA exhaust system... Wishfull thinking. I'll probably keep the Spider a street car and buy another Alfa for racing.

·
Premium Member
3,533 Posts
Hi Bianchi,

There is more than one answer to your question. Modifying an Alfa can be done just for the enjoyment of better street performance, or for specific requirments like autocross or track use. Anticipated car use, sanctioning body rules, and your pocketbook will probably guide what modifications are suitable (as well as the advice of BB members).

Driving an Alfa well, on the street, in an autocross, or on a track, doesn't absolutely require modifications. It's easier to "modify yourself" first by learning to drive better (and faster) and the initial improvements are greater than adding performance parts. Simple things like looking ahead, having situational awareness of things around you, and being prepared for other's actions, can improve performance (and may eliminate an accident or crash).

That's kinda an abstract answer, but maybe others will add to the discussion.

bianchi1 said:
how many of you made any performance upgrades? wheels/tyres, shock/spring/ camshafts/ motor modifcation?,and why,,and what would you wish you could do to your alfa to make it better??thank you.........i feel lost here now..:( like i am mence evertime i put my car on the road..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts