Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday morning, driving into town in my '85 Spider, with the top down, of course, at a stop light, a pick up truck pulls up next to me. The driver looks over at me, and seeing the Pinin Farina badge on the side of my Alfa, says "Hey Buddy, I ain't never seed a real Ferarri before". I was tempted to say, "Well, you still ain't seed one", but I just smiled and continued into town, content that he saw the "F" and was pleased with his incorrect identity.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Yesterday, I was at the gas station and a women in a Mini pulls up next to me and says, "That's one sexy car!" It was a good day.

·
Registered
330 Posts
A few days ago I stopped into a local diner to grab a burger and on the way out I found a nice couple in the lot admiring my car. The guy complimented me on the color and asked what year it was and they walked off with a “nice car, looks great!’” Typical nice exchange I imagine most Alfa drivers have on a regular basis. I spent a couple of minutes sitting in my car in the lot texting a friend and looked up to see the couple walking back over to me grinning. The guy leans in and says kind of sheepishly, "Um, my girlfriend thinks you’re Laura Linney."

She’s holding piece of paper in her hand.. .does she want me to autograph it? Flattered and a little flustered, I thank them but say something along the lines of- Laura Linney is better looking than me, richer and probably drives a vintage Ferrari or something..
The girl friend looks at me then at my car and says “Oh, is this not a Ferrari?” And I realize, none of it mattered.

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
Sorry, my story isn't nearly as humorous, but I'll tell it anyway...

Last night we had the spider out, top down, still light, going to a friends house for dinner. Keep in mind, that my companion drives his Alfa like it's meant to be driven, you'd think the streets were just a mismarked race track, with which he has intimate experience. Anyway, this Nissan Z car catches up to us, gives us a thumbs up, and yells across the lanes, "Really like your spider." Not clear whether he knew it was an Alfa or not. He didn't get a second chance to confirm anything -- I'm sure what he thought he saw was just a figment of his imagination, as our Alfa accelerated at full speed and rounded the corner, not to be seen again.

·
Premium Member
977 Posts
So a whole lot of years ago when I was racing around in a little Lotus Elan (Players Gold Leaf colors), I pull into a gas station with my girlfriend in the car. Just the nose of the car (best looking part) was visible from the office, as the rest was hidden behind the gas pump island. So when I go into the office (told you this was a long time ago), the cute girl asks me for a ride! First she didn't know my girlfriend was in the car. Second she didn't know it was really a ratty and scary little British thing and not something really sexy like a Daytona. My girlfriend and I had a good laugh anyway.

·
Registered
'91 164S, '17 Giulia Ti Sport, '79 Sport Sedan (previously many GTV6, AlfettaGT, 164s, and Spiders.
476 Posts
Since some of the funny stories are older, here's one from about 25 years ago. I stopped my Alfa to help a girl with a flat tire. I chatted with her as I worked to replace the tire for her. She had been drinking and sad she was only a block from her apartment. She offered to "pay" me for my kindness and went so far as to keep touching me as I finished the work. I thanked her for the offer, then said, "I'll ask my mother how patient she'll be waiting outside your apartment." The girl looked over at my car and there sat my mom in the passenger seat. The girl got a little embarrassed and then I followed her the block... but only to the parking lot.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Funny story to share. I was at a gas station in my 1974 spider and this nice kid dressed like a NBA star/ rap star/ ganster walked to me ask as " **** is that the car, the one in Ferris Bueller" I said "no that was Ferrrari my car would be sort of the little brother to that car"
He said "Ferrari or not your car is tight, keep it clean Ferris" and walked off..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts