Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1988 Alfa Romeo Graduate
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased my first Alfa (Graduate, 1988) about 2 months ago. And a guy knows I have one, and says, "Hey, you want to buy mine?" I declined, but, went to look at it.

Bought it. Is there a lesson here?

It is a 1983 Spider Veloce. Lot of differences between that and my 1988 Graduate. It needs a lot of small things done, but paint, frame, body, interior, engine are quite nice. He just did not drive it anymore and needed it gone.

Anyway, I am hunting down the wiring diagrams, but it the meantime my inspection showed this cut red wire coming from the driver's firewall, which goes to the first of the two relays mounted on the side of the engine compartment not far from the waterbottle.

Can someone tell me its function?

steve

FullSizeRender.jpeg

Attachments

·
Registered
'84 Spider Veloce
567 Posts
Sorry, I don't recognize the wire.

The bb labeled the photos as 'sensitive content', LOL. Looked pretty tame to me. Maybe the engine bay is a little 'dirty'.

David OD
Laguna CA

·
Registered
9,401 Posts
does it have AC?
if so, those 2 relays on the fender are likely for the A/C (cooldown relay and Aux fan relay)

·
Premium Member
1,622 Posts
does it have AC?
if so, those 2 relays on the fender are likely for the A/C (cooldown relay and Aux fan relay)
THat is what I was thinking.
sbl (Steve), I will send you a PM about the wiring diagram

·
Premium Member
1,622 Posts
I purchased my first Alfa (Graduate, 1988) about 2 months ago. And a guy knows I have one, and says, "Hey, you want to buy mine?" I declined, but, went to look at it.

Bought it. Is there a lesson here?

It is a 1983 Spider Veloce. Lot of differences between that and my 1988 Graduate. It needs a lot of small things done, but paint, frame, body, interior, engine are quite nice. He just did not drive it anymore and needed it gone.

Anyway, I am hunting down the wiring diagrams, but it the meantime my inspection showed this cut red wire coming from the driver's firewall, which goes to the first of the two relays mounted on the side of the engine compartment not far from the waterbottle.

Can someone tell me its function?

steve

View attachment 1671930
ALFAACRelays.jpg

·
Premium Member
5,865 Posts
Those are rat or mouse chewed. Not cut. So I would inspect all wiring in the car.

They love the insulation.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I had a bunch of wiring that looked like that in the 77 spider that I am working on now and it was indeed mice that did that as Jim stated.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts