Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
G/BGMS - 234 MPH
155 Posts
If you want to see how poorly it would shift, find an early 60's Pontiac Tempest ... clutch on the engine and a Corvair transaxle in the rear.

·
Registered
10 Posts
but the rotational mass would naturaly want to slow down faster as it dissconects to the clutch, wouldnt it? thus helping the syncros
I started driving before sychros. So double clutch works . Have a GT now, but two sedans and a Milano. It's easy 1rest 2 second just hesitate be tween gears! Your 2nd synchro will love you! With all those trans axels,I just got used to the 1st to 2nd hesitation! Becomes automatic after while! All of my 2nd gear synchros survived even with track time!!

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
LOL i know all about the "lazy" shifting, been doin it for many many years, would be fun to be able to bang thru the gears a lil faster

honestly shifting an alfa transaxle is not too far off from shifting my 58 ford custom 300 with its 312 police interceptor and 3 on the tree with OD, i tell ya what tho...the electronic overdrive in it is WILD..no syncros yet stomp it to the floor and it will downshift for you, let off the gas and it goes into freewheel

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Note to self: never buy an Alfetta or Milano as a race car!
Pete
A terrible and ignorant thing to say.
Especially as an Administrator.............. :mad:

21 - 24 of 24 Posts