Alfa Romeo Forums banner
2181 - 2194 of 2194 Posts

· Registered
4,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,181 ·
Today I attended a great Italian Car event ......

......though I think the promoters might have missed the mark a bit on the Best of Show choice.....did I hear correctly....a non Italian car won that?

· Premium Member
14,394 Posts
The only other detail on these that I will keep an eye out for is in finding a set of bracket covers like these...
These come up on eBay on a fairly regular basis. OR, the same two clowns have been trying to sell their stuff for the last couple of years. Note there seem to be two different styles of attachment. Marque dictates price.

......though I think the promoters might have missed the mark a bit on the Best of Show choice.....did I hear correctly....a non Italian car won that?
Politics enters into many of these events.

· Registered
4,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,183 · (Edited)
Just came back from a nice 300km return trip to meet up with the East end boys on a nice fall drive to Mosport and port Perry.....car's driving nicely now....and I'm getting more confident it can handle these long trips.
Wheel Tire Car Automotive parking light Vehicle

Automotive parking light Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle

· Registered
4,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,187 ·
Photos of my French Blue 1970 GTV.
Very nice. Must be a 105.51 US model 1750.....but you must avail yourself of the correct rear taillight lenses, RED/RED.....it looks like you have the Euro ones fitted currently YELLOW/RED. Are you running with the Spica?

· Registered
5 Posts
Very nice. Must be a 105.51 US model 1750.....but you must avail yourself of the correct rear taillight lenses, RED/RED.....it looks like you have the Euro ones fitted currently YELLOW/RED. Are you running with the Spica?
Yes, SPICA but not the original unit to the car. Since restoration (2015) a SPICA pump from a 2 liter car was installed. Today replacing the tail light lens is not on my radar. I changed the original factory color when I had the car restored from silver to Blue Francia to appear as the photos in “Alfa Romeo Sport Coupes” by Graham Robson. Though my car is highly original, it’s not 100% and I can live with that.

· Registered
4,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,189 ·
..Yes, SPICA but not the original unit to the car. Since restoration (2015) a SPICA pump from a 2 liter car was installed. Today replacing the tail light lens is not on my radar. I changed the original factory color when I had the car restored from silver to Blue Francia....
Personally I prefer the RED/RED taillights over the AMBER/RED ...I think it complements the Blue color better.....but these are all personal choices. I do like your yellow FOG lights though...and I wonder if they might be more original than the clear ones I currently have? Hmm....I will have to add these my list of items to be finalized on my car..

· Premium Member
4,100 Posts
Amber fog lights do tie in with amber tail lights. But why would you think amber fog lights would be original on a S1 US GTV?

· Registered
4,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,191 ·
..Amber fog lights do tie in with amber tail lights. But why would you think amber fog lights would be original on a S1 US GTV?
I was just wondering if that could be the case? Though you would know better than I since your dad did buy his 69 US GTV brand new correct? So the amber fog were aftermarket and not factory fitted .....yes?

· Registered
4,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,193 ·
..Amber fog lights may be original in French cars or in other countries? Not on US cars as far as I know.
If I a m not mistaken, the 4 headlamps as fitted to the Euro and Canadian GTV's are the low and high beam beam set-up. Only the US cars have the factory fitted FOGlights fitted to the inner lamps.

· Administrator
18,515 Posts
Personally I prefer the RED/RED taillights over the AMBER/RED ...I think it complements the Blue color better.....but these are all personal choices. I do like your yellow FOG lights though...and I wonder if they might be more original than the clear ones I currently have? Hmm....I will have to add these my list of items to be finalized on my car..
Lol, I'm the complete opposite :LOL:
Pete

2181 - 2194 of 2194 Posts