Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,613 Posts
Nice work, looks good. A MIG is the way to go. I can do some clean Oxy/Acl welding, but it takes for ever and the amount of heat required can make life hard. When you use the MIG, becareful not to let the weld completly cool before starting the next burst. If it does, you could end up with slag in the weld causing a weak spot. That will be a sweet car when you are done. I like my 69 1750, but I'm having a hard time keeping it close to stock (the more power bug is running rampant.) The US spec cars are rare, only 640 made.
Good luck with your project, if you need some year specific pictures, let me know and I will try and help you out.

Will

· Registered
1,613 Posts
Nice detail Rossano. One of which that should be more talked about instead of being "Bondo'd" over....if you get what I mean. It certainly makes for a more interesting topic (every chassis has it's own surprise) verusus rehashing wheel choice for the 100th time, as an example. Nice wheels are cool but a kick *** chassis is even better....maybe I'm just weird.
I'd say you are right on the money. I could be weird as well however. A little bit of very fine filler is one thing, using any more than a very little bit is another.

Will

1 - 2 of 2 Posts