Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
2,579 Posts
Actually Pete, I think you gave me the initial idea about this in your thread...

heh...heh......you wouldn't...would you?...;)

See.....there's always something!:mad: However, I haven't changed the aft location of the edge of the scoops, so the issue of attaching the sump guard (which never came with my car initially...but which I do want to add eventually) would have existed regardless. Hopefully I only need to trim away the aft edge of the scoop to make room for the sump guard's mounting flange. This won't negate the benefit of having relocated the scoop forward, since it's the increased opening at the forward end that I'm looking to improve.

WRT to sump guard....is there somewhere...or can someone provide a photo showing how the sump guard is mounted?
Rossano,
If you want to drop around, Ruby has a sump guard and is on the lift at the moment, so you can have a good look :)

· Registered
2,579 Posts
To all the Alfa BB members let me tell you what a "quiet comfort" it is to have
a guy like Rossano in my backyard (literally 5 minutes away) after moving to Oakville a few years ago.

Rossano it was good to see your place a few days ago. Nice to see a Alfa "nut"
in operation. Nice to know that I have (hopefully!) a source for help when I assemble my "67 Sprint this winter.

Cheers,

Roger
Hi Roger,
I look forward to seeing both your cars completed next spring !!
Oakville can't have enough GTVs.

· Registered
2,579 Posts
Thanks Brad, and you're right about the tabs....I've been replacing the rusty and broken ones right from the start of the project. I may have added even more than required actually.

The last item to go back in the engine bay.....the battery shelf. Measurements taken from Gtv4ever's car last week facilitated this little exercise. I'm using .070 thick sheet steel for this.

View attachment 152449

...flanges formed up and part now ready to go in. Here too, I painted the mating surfaces between the inner fender and the battery shelf with Por15 (and allowed to cure overnight) before final welding. Looks like I'll be needing new horns though....these ones are looking a little tattered, plus they no longer work.

View attachment 152450

...all welded in here. I think the front may may be just about all done now....except for plugging up redundant/extra holes along the inner fenders..

View attachment 152451
It looks a lot better than the one you copied from :)

· Registered
2,579 Posts
I have the non ratcheting type from The Source that I'm not happy with either, so I too am interested. Mine seems to mangle the connectors, but maybe I'm not using it right.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts