Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

· Premium Member
6,119 Posts
Beaut job.

Pete
I agree.

In answer to your question, yes that is bedliner. I tinted it body color and sprayed it through a Schutz gun. You can buy this as a kit with the gun. It is very easy to apply especially on a rotisserie. Funny story: I decided to do some touch up with the car horizontal and ended up spending a fair amount of time with my head in the fender wells. When I went to clean up I realized that I had forgotten to put my hat back on. BEDLINER HELMET! The next hour was spent taking a lacquer thinner shampoo...

· Premium Member
6,119 Posts
My guess is that these holes and drain openings were required during the manufacturing process. Specifically after the chassis welding was complete it would have been dipped/submerged in a primer/paint bath. ...

I'm not at all sure they dipped these bodies in anything. Have you seen evidence of this - I know I haven't. I do think you are right that the drains are to allow condensation to pass. It seems to me that modern cars will use rubber or plastic one-way check valves in areas like this to allow water out but not in...

· Premium Member
6,119 Posts
Brad:

Please do! I have never seen one and it goes without saying there is not one on my GTV. Do you happen to know if they were on Spiders as well - my Spider is without a cover as well? I have often looked at the MC and the lines and thought it odd that they were not better protected...

Rossano:

I didn't realize where Oakville was until I just googled it. Our best friends are from Hamilton and Saint Catharines and my son has played numerous hockey tournaments in the area over the years. Lovely place made even more lovely by the presence of all these GTVs!

· Premium Member
6,119 Posts
Do you know anywhere that has the clutch pedal return spring?
After being quoted $250 (!!!) for one spring from a popular Alfa wrecking source I decided I would be better having one custom made. I eventually found a source that had a standard that I was able to modify. Of course I had to order a bunch so if you need one, PM me.

Restoring a '69 is like treasuring hunting, isn't it?

· Premium Member
6,119 Posts
...so could someone kindly provide a photo of said spring as well as some key dimensions such as free length and wire thickness? I'm going to see about sourcing a new one.
Nice plating! I am sure I have an extra spring (alas yellow zinc plated I'm afraid). PM me in the morning and I'll find it.

· Premium Member
6,119 Posts
Wonderful work as usual! I agree with Robert and Jonathan: It is both rewarding and a great education as to how these cars function. It is also tedious and no one ever sees it but having all connections correctly wired, secure and upgraded from factory is a huge improvement in reliability.

Rossano, When you are done with that board you should donate it to your local owners club or rent it out. Of course it would be a bit of a challenge to ship I suppose...

· Premium Member
6,119 Posts
Rossano and/or Classicalfas: Have either of you kept a spreadsheet of the wires, connectors, lengths, colors, etc? That would be a really useful addition to the knowledgebase of these cars. I've done block diagrams but I've changed too much to make it useful for anyone else.

Obviously there aren't too many '69s but it would be a nice starting point and others could follow on with other models...

1 - 20 of 42 Posts