Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought the 1969 gtv off E-bay in Palm Springs. Yep the interior is well done, cooked. The worst rust is below the rear bumper on the passenger side, but it also has rust at the bottom of the quarter pannels. The serial # is AR1530542. All the glass is good and the gaps around the doors hood and trunk are all straight. I'm finishing a 1970 Firebird right now which I plan to sell to begin the resto on the GTV. I'll post some pics as soon as I can.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Can't wait to see pictures, it will be nice to compare some detailed, honest pictures of this car to the ebay pictures to see how far off the mark I imagined it to be.

I look forward to reading about the restoration.

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
It's great to see another early AR1530xxx GTV make it to the BB! We've been wondering how many are left out there and slowly but surely they're coming out of hiding. I hope yours is an easy fixer....are you handy with body restoration or will you be sending it out for the repairs?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I can deal with body dings but for the rust cut out and welding I plan to have a professional do that. I hope to save some money by completely striping the car prior to taking it to a shop. I do plan to tackle the mechanical rebuild myself.

·
Super Moderator
10,351 Posts
alfasoon had written: "it will be nice to compare some detailed, honest pictures of this car to the ebay pictures..."

Yes, I second that. The Palm Springs seller hadn't done a lot to market this car - his pictures were very "as is". I hope that 611driver got a great deal on it as a result.

I too will be curious to see what it looks like with the desert sand cleaned out.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
It's great to see another early AR1530xxx GTV make it to the BB! We've been wondering how many are left out there and slowly but surely they're coming out of hiding.
Yes indeed. We are up to what 35? Time to dig that poll up again. Its good to see another one being resurrected. Keep us posted with the restoration

good luck with the project,

Will

·
Registered
204 Posts
hopefully its not as rusty as mine

I am sure you will have fun doing it anyway :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts