Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just returned from an expedition to Iceland and thought I’d give the following tip to anyone contemplating visiting what is a very beautiful country. If you are going to drive there, DO NOT SPEED. One of our support drivers was clocked at ten kilometres over the posted limit on a country road in the central region. He was given an on the spot fine the equivalent of £750 UK. :eek:

Anyone on the board from Iceland who can give info on the reason why fines are so draconian? If to discourage speeding on what I found to be narrow and often none metaled roads, it certainly works.

On a lighter, Alfa related note, it was great to see a good number of Alfa’s in Reykjavik. The majority were 156’s though I did spot a Mk3 spider.

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
Wow, I was just in Norway, for 3 wks, and same fear was with me as I drove everywhere. Norway has some similar roads like Iceland, but , maybe even scarier....Fines are to 1000 Kronin, I heard (200-250 US). Luckily, i got none. Also, like Iceland, Very stunningly beautiful scenery/fjords, etc. Sorry for the ticket!!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Joe,

Norway is the one Scandinavian country left to visit, must get there soon. No need to be sorry for the ticket, it wasn't mine :rolleyes: For some reason the patrol officer didn't enforce immediate payment and informed the driver the fine would be posted to his home :confused: I would like to go back soon though the wife says I have to take her next time.

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
You mean the wife was left to stay at home?? Awww, next time you must take her to share the scenery!!!

If you want to know, best part of Norway is said to be the mid-western side- the Fjord region. Inland some, to be away from the more rainy parts, like Bergen/Alesund, more along the Sognefjord. Stave churches region, Laerdal, Balestrand, Borgund, Flam, etc. But too bad it is so hard to travel around Norway quickly, as I would have seen more.

Good Luck.

Joe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts