Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there

i have a milano 3.0 and when i turn on the a/c i find water in the driver side floor. Does anyone have this problem ?

I see that there is a hose that is from the blower under the driver side. Is that the right place for the water to go or is it wrong?

Thanks

Alex

·
But Mad North-Northwest
9,887 Posts
Yeah, there's a black rubber hose on the left side of the heater box assembly that's the drain. If you're getting water on your feet it's likely stopped up.

Pull it off the box and gently poke around in the opening in the box with something blunt like a chopstick. You should be able to clean it out. You can also blow air down through the hose to clean out the drain below the car.

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
I would start at the bottom of the hose. Sometimes road debris gets into the end of it and clogs it. Easier maybe that getting to the end in the box.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

·
But Mad North-Northwest
9,887 Posts
While I'm thinking about it, the other place the Milano can drip water on the left side footwell is condensation from the metal AC lines. If they are not completely wrapped in tar tape the will condense water and drip on your foot, so check that too.

Tar tape is surprisingly tough to find but my local Napa had some.

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
The A/C condensate drain line gets plugged with algae and can be removed using a flexible wire brush. I have problems from time to time with both of my Milano cars.

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
I had this happen when I drove my old Verde from CA to NH by way of Seattle. I had the AC cranked the whole time as it was quite hot and the condensation would puddle in the tray that the drain hose was attached to and slosh on to my foot every time I made a right turn. I was wearing sandals and it was quite a shock the first time as that was some cold water! After I got home I unclogged the line and never had the problem again.

Kevin

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had this happen when I drove my old Verde from CA to NH by way of Seattle. I had the AC cranked the whole time as it was quite hot and the condensation would puddle in the tray that the drain hose was attached to and slosh on to my foot every time I made a right turn. I was wearing sandals and it was quite a shock the first time as that was some cold water! After I got home I unclogged the line and never had the problem again.

Kevin
Hi there

where do I blow the air gun in? the hose or the inside of the blower box in the dash ?

is there a hose under the carpet that is connected to the air box ?

thanks
ALex

·
Registered
446 Posts
I would start from under the car. There is a duck bill looking end to the hose you are looking for. Usually a bunch of debris has sealed it shut. If you squeeze it open you should see a bunch of stuff.

I would try to not use compressed air as chances are you will demage the tube...

Dom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi there

Does some one have a photo of the duck hose under the car or the drian tray so i know where to look and clean ?

That would help if some has a photo or did the work and can show it to me.

Thanks again

ALex

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
You should pull the fan and clean the area. I imagine there are deciduous trees in Toronto, mine was full of leaves. There are numerous stories of Milano’s burning up because leaves had fallen on the resistor of the heater control which gets very hot if the fan is used on anything but high.
Pull the fan and motor out on the drivers side and throughly clean the area out, you will see where the drain is too.

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
I agree that you should pull the fan out and clean out any debris. I would be very careful because the plastic part that holds on the fan is not very strong. I have purchased a few extra fans from Alfa Parts Exchange. I plan to replace both Milanos with a Giulia QV Coupe when it arrives in the US.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
I agree that you should pull the fan out and clean out any debris. I would be very careful because the plastic part that holds on the fan is not very strong. I have purchased a few extra fans from Alfa Parts Exchange. I plan to replace both Milanos with a Giulia QV Coupe when it arrives in the US.
Milano’s can’t be replaced :smile2:

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
I purchased one Milano Verde new in 1988 and the other one a few years later. The cars are still running and will one day be replaced by a new car. The Milano has been in the family for 31 years and only the 1961 Sprint Veloce has been in the family for 57 years. I sometimes think about selling the old Alfas and buying a new one because times change.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts