Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
3,721 Posts
I'm jealous of Jason's 38 degree temp on 134a. I just drove back to Phoenix Monday and the ambient temp read an average of 108 with a high of 113. I just had my compressor filled with refridgerant and it only blew 55 degrees so I was very concerned with how I'd feel on the trip out. Needless to say on full blast it was just comfortable enough! On pos 3 it was not cool enough. I don't have any leaks so I'm not too sure if it's my condensor or another factor but with my black on black leather and factory window tint I need to figure out the problem. On another note, I drove back today and didn't use the air until Yuma. It was in indicated 97 degrees and when I went to use the air it felt really cold, I ran it and 2nd pos all the way to El Centro where it was was 105 and from there to San Diego it was great on 2. I don't know if the extra 5-8 degrees on Monday would account for the difference in cabin temp or is my system running cooler after the outbound trip. Doesn't sound logical does it?

· Registered
3,721 Posts
That has to be a big part of it Alfadue, when I left to Phoenix Monday it was 11 AM and I did get a lot of direct sun into the cabin. This morning on the way back I left at 5 AM just to avoid the big part of the sun. Hence the reason I was able to drive with windows down until Yuma 3 hours away. Still if I was getting even 10 degrees colder out of the vent, say 45 it would have been ok.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.