Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1971 Alfa Romeo Spider 1750 Kamm tail
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Does anybody have a picture you can post of the original a/c knob and cigarette light for a 1983 Spider Veloce? I want to make sure I am buying the correct items for the age car.

Thanks!!
ED Arango

·
1966-2013
13,741 Posts
Through 85 until the switch to monopod and its console rig in 86, though I 'think' the actual AC knob arrangement was the same even if in a different location in the later ones.

BTW, the lighter looks like a lighter as opposed to the earlier S2 versions that had the hole you dropped the cigarette into.
Black rubber knob with a smoking cigarette emblazoned in white on it.
That out of a mid~late 90's Saturn is actually very close in appearance, but the size of it is off just enough that it won't go in the Alfa socket.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Through 85 until the switch to monopod and its console rig in 86, though I 'think' the actual AC knob arrangement was the same even if in a different location in the later ones.

BTW, the lighter looks like a lighter as opposed to the earlier S2 versions that had the hole you dropped the cigarette into.
Black rubber knob with a smoking cigarette emblazoned in white on it.
That out of a mid~late 90's Saturn is actually very close in appearance, but the size of it is off just enough that it won't go in the Alfa socket.
Thanks Darren for the input....Now I have to find the A/C knob and the cigarette lighter. any links or clues as to where to find them would be GREAT!!
Thanks again.
ED!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have no affiliation and don't know anything about this seller -- I just did a search on ebay

alfa romeo spider OEM cigarette lighter assembly | eBay
Man...I guess I don't have any luck when I search stuff on Ebay. I looked for one yesterday didn't find any.

Thanks for the heads up...I'm going to ask the seller some more questions and for additional pics of the top.

Thanks again for looking out !!
ED

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Now...I need to find the a/c knob for sale.....HELP!!

·
Premium Member
1,973 Posts
You could also post a "Wanted" ad on the classifieds section of this board.

Side note -- The a/c knob looks exactly like the a/c knob on the '75 Toyota Corolla I had when I was in high school (if I can remember something like that from almost 30 years ago). Probably not the same dimensions on the connecting side, but you never know.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You could also post a "Wanted" ad on the classifieds section of this board.

Side note -- The a/c knob looks exactly like the a/c knob on the '75 Toyota Corolla I had when I was in high school (if I can remember something like that from almost 30 years ago). Probably not the same dimensions on the connecting side, but you never know.
Good idea...just posted a WANTED ad! Thanks!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
1 - 14 of 14 Posts