Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
18,812 Posts
I've converted a couple of Alfas to R134. The only item I replaced was the receiver/dryer (and added an appropriate amount of the proper oil).

I assume a larger condenser might increase the efficiency of the system but I did not look into buying a new one.

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've converted a couple of Alfas to R134. The only item I replaced was the receiver/dryer (and added an appropriate amount of the proper oil).

I assume a larger condenser might increase the efficiency of the system but I did not look into buying a new one.
Thanks Eric: I bought a new compressor, $150; new Dryer, $19; and new aluminum 16”x 12” condenser, $56. I found the size by searching for a MGB condenser. Since the 134 is not as efficient as the 140 Freon I spent extra on the new style aluminum condenser.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Thanks Eric: I bought a new compressor, $150; new Dryer, $19; and new aluminum 16”x 12” condenser, $56. I found the size by searching for a MGB condenser. Since the 134 is not as efficient as the 140 Freon I spent extra on the new style aluminum condenser.
Those prices seem really good! I'm hoping you've completed the conversion and have good news on how it all went together. I'd like to do the same for my '85 Spider and would love to get your part numbers and supplier if you don't mind sharing.

Thanks,
C

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.