Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm rebuilding my A/C system and want to install a new compressor. Just wondering what my options are - some of the Alfa vendors sell the correct unit but at very high cost whereas I see a wide range of generic Sanden 709 options on eBay and other places at very reasonable cost. Are these ok to use provided pulley is correct type?
Regards
Paul

·
Registered
9,977 Posts
This has all been covered already in previous threads. Do a search. Lots and lots of info on the BB. I'll start you out:

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/164-168-1991-1995/198765-r-134a-conversion-guide.html

Take a look at this stuff at let me know if you have any specific questions. The short answer is yes, the cheap chicom compressors work. If you want to use a SD715H instead of the SD709, you have to do a little futzing with the pulley mounting due to a smaller end shaft/nut. Otherwise it's pretty straight forward. It's all covered in the guide.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Sorry for late response, but I had my original R-12 compressor rebuilt and converted to R-134 for $125.00 at Blend Air in Irving, TX, which also included a new receiver dryer and expansion valve.

They also sell new Chicom compressors.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts