Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorting out my ‘74 GTV - at some point, the A/C compressor and associated mounting brackets were removed and never reinstalled. I have an original York compressor but am looking for the two brackets, one that mounts to the head of the engine and the other to the back of the alternator. I believe there is a tensioner pulley that is attached to the larger bracket - not sure if it came as a separate part, but I would need that also.

I am aware of the option of using a similar bracket from a smog pump and modifying it to work with a newer style compressor. At this point with all the other original components present (condenser, evaporator, hoses, etc.), I am going to try and put the system back together as it was originally.

Thank you all for your help, George

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, thanks for your reply, here’s a pretty good picture of the two brackets I’m looking for. Appreciate you checking out what you may have. George

·
Registered
12 Posts
I went and looked in my tote of parts but I couldn't find anything like that.. I wish I could have helped are you looking for any other parts or was that the main thing?

·
Premium Member
1,557 Posts
I have the large bracket only, may have the smaller bracket as well will look tomorrow. I would think that I should have the special bolt, but haven’t seen it in years, but will look for that as well I know I don’t have the mounts that fit the head.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I believe that I have both the bracket and mount assembly - as well as the studs for the front of the head. I'll check today and get back to you.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Okay - here is everything together.
4 front mount brackets (2 styles), plus additional hardware.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks to everyone that helped out with this! I now have the brackets and will be putting things back to original. George

1 - 20 of 20 Posts