Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have my Duetto apart for new Lower A-arm bushings and plan to use the arms from a 1750 with the cap protection. The geometry looks the same as what came off. but maybe I'm missing something. Sooo, if there's a no no here, please advise before tomorrow around noon. Thanks.

·
Registered
936 Posts
according to my book, the lower a-arms are the same part# all through the 105/115 range. BUT, the a-arm's spindle that bolts to the chassis are different from the early 1300/1600 cars to the 1750/2000 cars.

i am not sure if the bolt pattern is different, or the lower bushings are different. i know the later cars use a spherical bearing inner pivot. don't the earlier cars use a rubber bushing for the lower a-arm pivot ?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The lower arms <67 don't have the machining for the protective caps that cover the bushing nut and that is the only difference I can see.

It is the upper arm bushing that is now rubber. I believe the earlier type was similiar to the lower bushings.

Soon to forge ahead.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
FWIW, it is common practice to use a lower a-arm bushing in the upper arm. It stiffens things up quite a bit up top.

Erik

1 - 4 of 4 Posts