Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This it might be a strange request, but I'm trying to understand if somebody knows where I could find informations about the ownership of a car with a 1938 German license plate.
From what I know the German ADAC can't reveal any information about the ownership, but this isn't a problem because the car is too old for them. The Bundesarchiv doesn't keep anything about it.
Furthermore the nazi-period license plates were completely different: the civil numeration had a lettering and a numbering plan issued since 1906.
The license plate I'm looking for is IIB-8802, which means that the car has been registered in Oberbayern district/Bavaria region. I need to know if a private or a public service can help me in this research. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I might be able to help you over a friend who is head of a local department of transport (Strassenverkehrsamt). In the worst case we would have to go through all the 20 districts (Landkreise) of Oberbayern, with the exception of Munich, which had its own prefix. In any case, it might be worth a try. If you are stuck or have a language problem, send me a PM and let me know. I´ll try to help you.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I got your PM and will look the number up. I had sent you a longer reply but had to learn that alfabb won´t allow me to send PM or reply to them until I have posted a greater number of threads. Could you send me a normal email contact of yours via PM to make conversation easier? (can receive, but not send). I will then give you mine in response via normal email. Thanks, Alfred

1 - 5 of 5 Posts