Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help,
Anyone know where I can purchase a fan relay for my 1991 Spider?
Thanks
Rande

·
Premium Member
2,042 Posts
Alfa Parts Exchange might have a used one. It is probably a Bosch part number used by other cars. If it is, just do a search for that part number or an updated cross over number

·
Registered
it's almost a alfa romeo spider
11,059 Posts
i think the vw golf/jetta will fit, just check the thread size

·
Registered
9,756 Posts
this is the fan relay, 30A fused

search for a BITRON B047, or MP 2335, Valvar 2335 or the original alfa PN 82461829 someone will have one, either used or new
you sometimes find them new old stock in Italy (the Lancia Integrale used the same relay)

that Canadian ebayer (311) has a used one for 65$ (usual high price for him)
an ebayer out of NM has a used one for 20$ (ebay # 164591527503 )....that is fair.
As said above, try APE maybe first.

I suppose one should first ask, what is wrong with yours? you have obviously checked the fuse is ok?
are the fans not coming on, have you bypassed the sender on the radiator to test if the fans work?

you often see cross reference parts from Hella or Bosch purporting to be a direct drop in (albeit unfused) for this MP relay, but you might well find the pins are swopped over!
this is the pin configuration of the original relay, note the position of pin #30
Pinlayout Relais MP - B047 - 12V - 2335 - Italy.jpg

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
View attachment 1679225

search for a BITRON B047, or MP 2335, Valvar 2335 or the original alfa PN 82461829 someone will have one, either used or new
you sometimes find them new old stock in Italy (the Lancia Integrale used the same relay)

an ebayer out of NM has a used one for 20$ (ebay # 164591527503 )....that is fair.

I suppose one should first ask, what is wrong with yours? you have obviously checked the fuse is ok?
are the fans not coming on, have you bypassed the sender on the radiator to test if the fans work?

you often see cross reference parts from Hella or Bosch purporting to be a direct drop in (albeit unfused) for this MP relay, but you might well find the pins are swopped over!
this is the pin configuration of the original relay, note the position of pin #30
View attachment 1679229
View attachment 1679225

View attachment 1679229
Hello,

Mine is corroded and melted.
Rande

·
Registered
it's almost a alfa romeo spider
11,059 Posts
sorry for my earlier post.. you can make a fan relay system, just like the headlight relay.. same idea

1 - 6 of 6 Posts