Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh dear! My passenger side mirror broke off from the age and heat. :eek: Can this be saved?

If not how do I take this off?

·
Registered
464 Posts
I don't know if it can be saved- my experience with gluing plastic has not been great. However, I do know you can remove the mirror itself from the base- assuming it's the same as the later year S3s- and hopefully find a replacement. If you fold down the small triangular rubber flap on the near end in the photo (the one down at the base), you can use a metric allen wrench (I don't remember what size) to loosen the mirror from the base.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Remove the inner door panel, look up in there and you will see how it is attached. I think the only way you could save this would be in a box in the garage. Worthwhile as you may need the painted shell or movement mechanism later on.

good luck

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
I stand corrected, must be remembering a different car. I would still save the old one.

I will have to check mine if I ever get home again.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Removed.

Thanks guys. The rubber flap and the allen key did the trick. Looks like its snapped right off. Glue wont help. Have to try for a replacement somewhere.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts