Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
939 Posts
I'm guessing your reference to couplers refers to the 3 driveshaft donuts(officially called flex discs) I have found Highwood Alfa in England to be a very good source for Alfetta parts, including the flex discs.

·
Premium Member
939 Posts
you're welcome-every time I read about someone repairing an Alfetta it's a cause for celebration. It means one more has been saved. Because the driveshaft spins at engine speed, getting the driveshaft right is critical. I'm pretty sure Highwood carries all varieties of Alfetta donuts but I don't think Highwood carries all the various bushings and seals that attach to or fit between the 3 donuts. Because some of these parts are not available new-don't throw away your old donuts-you may need to reuse some of the rubber parts.

·
Premium Member
2,649 Posts
If Chris(highwood)doesn't have them try OKP!
Don't shop in Merica any longer cause they feel that 116's don't exist!
Sick of you's Merican Vendors. They deserve a kneel, though I'd never do that.
"OHHH They are NLA" The Merican Vendor Quote, well how come I can obtain a set across the pond?? Bought a set of early ones 2 years ago, always have a spare set. You never know when they are gonna blow? So double it! Sound advise from a guy who has 5 116's platforms.
Get your act together and support Da 116's Alfisti's you Merican Vendors, and stop buying and trying to sell us that Chinese JUNK!!

Reactions: EastCoastAlfa

·
Vendor
101 Posts
Hey EastcoastAlfa, we have many Alfetta Giubos in stock, even though our website does occasionally lag and with many thousands of SKU's, not every single part is on the website. I have hands on several NOS (in Alfa packaging) Giubos for the 1975 cars, but there are only a couple left.

I can state as a matter of fact that I, and others on staff here at Centerline, are constantly scouring for parts that are, in actuality, no longer produced as NEW parts from any manufacturer. This means searching out OE, NOS, and small batch reproduction parts in the US and Europe, and occasionally South America. And even in the case of Giubos in general, Italian manufacturers have their own way of doing things - sometimes they must really appreciate what they are doing (read: taking a long time). There is not some magical source that exists where only European vendors can purchase parts and because we are based in the United States we are precluded from consideration - the manufacturers that exist are it and in the case of flex couplings for transaxle cars, some cold hard facts must be remembered:

1) Alfas are a niche
2) Alfetta and transaxle cars are a niche within a niche
3) flex couplings for a 1975-only are a niche within a niche within a niche, as even the factory thought it prudent to update the propshaft to an updated design.

Despite these facts, we do in fact have many of them including for the one-year-only 1975 propshaft.

There is something else that I feel important for the record: if you add up the number of transaxle cars that Centerline staff own currently, it's over 10. If you add up historically how many have been owned by just the current staff, it's well over double that. Furthermore, they outnumber the 105/115 chassis that are owned by the staff. So to say that we don't have a vested interest in these transaxle cars is false, even though the transaxle platform parts are always the lowest selling parts group (I imagine this is true for any vendor).

As always, we are here to support the Alfa community. If someone has a question, give me a call.

888 750 2532

Sincerely,
Rob

·
Premium Member
2,649 Posts
Sorry Rob!!
But I've been hearing these excuses for decades. Over 30 years collecting ALFA's. Look at my list.
My feelings toward the Merican vendors stands. Just seeing your response tells me enough.
The 116's are LOW Priority and get NO Respect.
The only parts you all sell for 116's are compatible with the 105/115 platforms, all the rest are bits and pieces.
If you got the parts tell your salesmen, so they can sell them, cause they say NLA!!
How is it I can get them and you cannot?
Know there aren't many 116's in the US, but they sold a boat load throughout Europe and the rest of the world.
It's not a DoDo Bird. The Alfetta sold from 73 to 83. There are boat load out there.
No one shops here for 116 parts any longer, cause it's way easier to call or write the vendors in Europe and get what I need.

Reactions: EastCoastAlfa

·
Registered
980 Posts
I agree with John... i restored a 76 Alfetta Sedan and use NOS everywhere I could, and most of it came from Europe... Italy, Holland, UK, Greece and France. My default behavior is to look there because searching there and drilling down into individual ebay stores are where I’ve had most of my luck. Often, even in Europe, you’ll find the part you need, but shipping to USA is not an option and when that happens, it sucks. Germany has uber expensive shipping to USA. Our American parts sources underserve us for sure. Why are there lots of options out there for gtv’s and spiders, but so little for 116’s? You know it took me 4 years to find a complete set of NOS matching door cards? One more thing, I own 4 Alfas, and you know which one is more fun to drive than all the others? My 76 Alfetta Sedan, 1.8 Liter... by far. I’ve driven well sorted spiders and gtv’s and i own two very well sorted Milano’s and a 164 (not well sorted at all) and I’d take my Alfetta any day.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Go to ebay.it

Search for ‘ Alfa Romeo Alfetta giunto’

1 - 9 of 9 Posts