Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am replacing my door speakers (original factory) and I am trying to find a reference to which wire is positive and which one is negative. If I am staring down into the plug, the notches on the top can anybody tell me which wire is which? I have searched the forum and get a lot of discussion on sizes and types and sound preferences but I have not yet found any reference to the speaker wiring itself.

·
Registered
5,476 Posts
Look on the speaker itself. Might be marked there? I'll check ref books in a little while

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is no apparent marking on the connector, obviously non-factory speakers will not be able to use the same connector, so I will have to cut it off and put spades on them, I can't also tell if the tweeter and the 5.25 speaker are wired together or if there is a separate run from the stereo. I talked a stereo installer and he said the speakers are polarity sensitive. THe new speakers have the two speakers connected together and only a single pair comes in from the amplifier.

·
Registered
5,476 Posts
For front, green/black are neg for left side. Right side it's grey/black for neg. rear is yellow/green on left and yellow/ black on right. These are all the negative speaker connections per page 88 of the elec wiring manual for LS

1 - 4 of 4 Posts