Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Check Engine light came on when I was highway driving last night. I checked the code by turning ignition key to start position and depressing accelerator pedal 5 times quickly. The code I got appears to be 2112, (Anti knock sensor 2). My question, the flashing check engine light started with 2 flashes, followed by 1, followed by 1 and followed by 2 flashes. Then there was another single flash before the 2112 pattern repeated itself and this would continue after each 2112 pattern. What's the correct readout 2112, 21121, 12112. I'm confused. I disconnected the battery, reconnected it and the check engine light turned off. If it is the anti knock sensor, where is it located and how is it tested????
Appreciate any comments
JC

·
Premium Member
26,903 Posts
It may not be a problem If CEL light does not come on again so just moniter it. You may have had a random misfire, touch of bad gas or just a fluke.

The 2112 code will repeat itself if the only code that was stored in memory so now if you pull codes again and memory clear you should get 4-4-4-4 all clear code.

As for location of knock sensor(s) there are two located in top of engine block between heads under intake runners so not exactly easy to access. However, cable connectors exit front and rear of engine near timing belt cover and air flow meter. Do not confuse connector for rear knock sensor with cam angle sensor connector. CAS located in rear of rear head and connector same as for knock sensor so don't mix them up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts