Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
- Sold - '95 Alfa Romeo 164LS Auto Parts Car in Cincy, OH for $750

SOLD

I will be offering my '95 Alfa Romeo 164LS (auto) as a complete parts car for $750 for the next week before parting it out this winter.

I took it off the road last year after the transmission did not shift past 1st gear on the way home. After stopping and touching nothing, it started shifting again. My thoughts were to replace the tranny (for the 2nd time), this time myself, but while fixing other items on the car, however I found some terminal rust.

The car had been hit in the rear at some time (not disclosed by PO), and the welding along the repair (back end of the car) is severly rusted.

The car does run currently, but I cannot guarantee how long the tranny will last. But, I will change the fluids to give you a fighting chance, if you desire to try and drive it home.

Engine runs strong and has no issues. No rips or tears on the interior. Front seat leather is a bit stiff. Display has been fixed and works as it should. The clear coat on the wheels are peeling and the front wheels have some road rash (thanks to my lovely wife).

I have a full stack of receipts - well over $15K invested.

Feel free to contact me with any questions.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Pictures - Round 1

1st Round of Pictures

Attachments

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Depending on your decision... I might be interested in both 24v heads, if you consider them in good shape.

I recently purchased a 24v 3.0 LS motor to eventually transplant into my GTV6. The price was good, but all 24 valves were munched (knew that going in). So I'm starting to think finding a decent set of used 24v heads would be a better thought than having my nasty ones rebuilt.

We could discuss a cash deal. Or since it seems you also have a GTV6, and I have a couple of GTV6 organ donors... there may be some GTV6 parts in my stash to swap in a deal.

Keep me in mind when you decide which way to move. Thanks, Peter
[email protected]

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ramzromeo,

I will sell you the wheels if the car does not sell.

amico,

The climate control module has been fixed already by goats and is fully functional - no issues.

planetmojo,

I am open to selling the heads. Maybe some trade could be worked out as well. Mostly interested in stuff for the GTV6. My GTV is almost finished being restored.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Actually all the parts I have are for 1981-'86 GTV6s. I don't insist on a parts trade, but just threw that out in case there were bits you might need from my end. If you feel both of your 24v heads and their 'innards' are in good shape, I'll wait to hear from you on availability and price.

Thanks, Peter

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Hi goats,

Did your two 164s come as 'Q's, or did you upgrade an LS? Mind if I ask where you found the 44mm 'Q' intake runners, if they were add-ons?

I might be looking for a set in the future.

·
Registered
5,479 Posts
Q runners

Planet, I added on the Q runners -- The first set I got from Stefan at Squadra tuning, --- Second set=== I think Jason at Alfissimo might have gotten them for me----

Jason can get them -- its a nice 10% HP boost at the higher rev range --

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Thanks goats,

Good to know. Since I like to go play on twisty mountain roads, when no one is looking, but I don't actually race... would you recommend the 'Q' intake runners for that? Or do I really need to be running flat out to see the bonus? Any drawbacks that you might see?

I may put a query out for used ones first, for economy's sake. But since those are likely on the rare side, I'll prob have to end up with new ones. I'd be interested in what you paid for yours, if you don't mind revealing that.

Thanks, Peter in Vermont

·
Premium Member
610 Posts
'95LS Parts Car

Hi,
I'd like to know the approx. mileage on engine/trans and on entire car. Might be interested in whole car if I can find reasonable shipping cost.
Thanks,
John

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Mileage

The mileage is between 120-130K. I will check tonight. The engine was rebuilt around 80K, the tranny replaced around 90K with a 24K used tranny. Will confirm with actual paperwork tonight. Engine was rebuilt at Roselli's in San Jose. Same for tranny replacement. Used tranny came from Alfa Parts.com in Berkeley.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Updates on mileage / maintenance

Confirmed mileage on the vehicle - it is at 133,928.

brake pads / rotors @ 64,250
power steering rack @ 66,128
front wheel bearings, t-belt & tensioner, water pump, engine rebuild @ 70,563
spark plugs, rear ignition coil packs @ 70,686
fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator @ 74,760
auto tranny replace with used @ 75,040
both right motor mounts, front ball joints, lower strut bearings, upper torque bushing (front) @ 80,125
brake master cylinder @ 84,102
timing belt / tensioner, spark plugs @ 109,744
oil and filter changed every 6K with Mobil 1 synthetic

·
Registered
90 Posts
Confirmed mileage on the vehicle - it is at 133,928.

brake pads / rotors @ 64,250
power steering rack @ 66,128
front wheel bearings, t-belt & tensioner, water pump, engine rebuild @ 70,563
spark plugs, rear ignition coil packs @ 70,686
fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator @ 74,760
auto tranny replace with used @ 75,040
both right motor mounts, front ball joints, lower strut bearings, upper torque bushing (front) @ 80,125
brake master cylinder @ 84,102
timing belt / tensioner, spark plugs @ 109,744
oil and filter changed every 6K with Mobil 1 synthetic

Anyone have an idea of what it would cost to put it on truck and ship it back to SoCal? I'd like to have the whole car if it weren't too expensive to ship.

I've got an auto tranny coming out of a car I've got on Friday.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks!

Thanks to all who were interested, but I have tentatively sold the entire vehicle.

Tom

1 - 20 of 25 Posts