Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,622 Posts
Pull down on the plastic ski hole. cover You will find 2 or 4 screws there that hold it. There is also a bag that the ski's go into so take pictures if you can't remember how to put it back together. The bag goes in first then the back cover. Use a skinny punch to keep things aligned as you put in the screws. It can get really frustrating trying to hold all of that together.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pull down on the plastic ski hole. cover You will find 2 or 4 screws there that hold it. There is also a bag that the ski's go into so take pictures if you can't remember how to put it back together. The bag goes in first then the back cover. Use a skinny punch to keep things aligned as you put in the screws. It can get really frustrating trying to hold all of that together.
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
26,810 Posts
Those four (4) "screws" on the 12v 164 models located around ski boot door opening are white push nylon buttons. If same on 24v model use a V-forked trim tool to pop them out.

·
Premium Member
9,741 Posts
Be carful removing as not to break the compressed particle board. You can typically re-use the nylon press in bolts. Do you have a new sender or trying to repair old one?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I repaired my original one but would like a spare. Do you have any for sale?

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Hi, have you solved this now?
On 24v models there are no press in nylon 'bolts' for the ski-hatch board/trim - all screws, accessed from the interior via the ski-hatch. Let me know if still working on this and will upload some pics.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Hi, have you solved this now?
On 24v models there are no press in nylon 'bolts' for the ski-hatch board/trim - all screws, accessed from the interior via the ski-hatch. Let me know if still working on this and will upload some pics.
I figured it out myself eventually and you’re exactly right. I’m actually thinking of replacing the steering rack myself. I haven’t replaced one yet so any tips would be appreciated.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts