Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning on replacing the OE rear shelf speakers in my '94LS this weekend. Does anyone have any tips for removing them? Is it best to go in from the bottom side or from the top side inside the car? Would like to button it back up without any rattles in the grilles. Thank you in advance.

·
Premium Member
27,297 Posts
You go in from the top, Just pop off speaker grills with flat blade under corner to unlock them. Speakers are held in place with 4 allen head bolts in raised oval mounts that are riveted to chassis with four rivets. (rivet heads inside trunk). If you get same size 6x9 oval speakers for your car just lay them on original mounts and reuse allen head bolts. I had to make spacers for bolts as new speakers were not as thick as originals.

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You go in from the top, Just pop off speaker grills with flat blade under corner to unlock them. Speakers are held in place with 4 allen head bolts in raised oval mounts that are riveted to chassis with four rivets. (rivet heads inside trunk). If you get same size 6x9 oval speakers for your car just lay them on original mounts and reuse allen head bolts. I had to make spacers for bolts as new speakers were not as thick as originals.
Thanks Alfisto Steve!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts