Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question:

The inner door panel of my 164Q needs to be tightened up. The upper left corner had, I think, become a little warped from exposure (my guess) and has pulled away. There's probably a clip or screw or something that holds it in place. You can kind of see down inside where it needs to be tightened up.

The plastic at top of the door panel actually needs to go underneath a little plastic lip by the window glass.

I'll take a picture if necessary. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Is taking apart the door very difficult?

·
Registered
5,485 Posts
very easy to do. 10 minutes to get the door panel off with a door panel remover tool that is used to remove the push-in fasteners. The process is well covered in the service manual

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Question:

The inner door panel of my 164Q needs to be tightened up. The upper left corner had, I think, become a little warped from exposure (my guess) and has pulled away. There's probably a clip or screw or something that holds it in place. You can kind of see down inside where it needs to be tightened up.

The plastic at top of the door panel actually needs to go underneath a little plastic lip by the window glass.

I'll take a picture if necessary. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Is taking apart the door very difficult?
I have the same problem on my LS. I tried to take it all apart and reassemble, it worked for a few days and then came apart again. If you find a solution let me know.

·
Registered
5,485 Posts
In the top left (when sitting in the driver seat) there is a white push connector on the door interior panel itself (inside) that mates to a yellow female that is embedded in the sheet metal door. There are actually 4 of these on the front door -- three across the top and one about halfway down on the hinge side as I recall. The door panel removal tool is used to pry these out so that he door panel can be removed.

If the white male piece is broken or the yellow female piece is missing you can get what you describe. Not sure if these male/female fasteners are still available but I am sure you can find a suitable replacement somewhere

·
Premium Member
4,761 Posts
pics would help just so we can see what you're up to. My door on the pass side is coming apart soon so I can tackle the latching difficulty. ciao jc

1 - 6 of 6 Posts