Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My turn signals have ceased to function when engaged, and it's looking like it's at the stalk.
This appears to be a combo Lights, Turn Signals and Washer unit (at least in the Euro views), but I can't seem to locate one for the US market to accomodate the Airbag. Is anyone aware of a source for those?

·
Registered
7,817 Posts
never knew there was a difference, but looking at the parts catalogue, the airbag cars (E500) do have a different part number to the euro non air bag cars
(AC cars PN 60555799, as opposed to PN 60520853 for non air bag/Euro)
maybe try di fatta, or alfissimo using the part number, but those switches cost mucho bucks!

I have opened the stalk switch on my S4, not too bad, and you might just find something small that is repairable...I repaired the wiper part of mine.
the lights section is riveted, but the rest you can open by removing clips.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Chip, have you tried a good cleaning with spray electronics cleaner? CRC makes an excellent spray cleaner that flashes off quickly and cleans everything, plastic, brass, copper, etc.
Also, do you have a solid 12 volts to the switch?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hello,
I went through the same situation last year. After buying a used unit that didn't work. I bought a new pre-airbag version and changed my steering wheel and hub.
Rande

·
Registered
218 Posts
Chip...if you are unsuccessful cleaning your switch, I have a used one from a 91 S4 that had airbags. The car only had 9K miles. So very little use. PM me if diagnostics and cleaning are unsuccessful.

Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts