Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 93 Spider Veloce with intermittent no run. We always have fuel and injector control we do not have spark when this problem occurs. The coil has the correct resistance and can be made to fire. What would the next most likely repair item be to fail? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
These cars need well above 11 volts to start and run. How's the battery? Grounds? What about the main ground in the trunk floor? Loose battery post? Corroded posts or terminals? Sounds like primary electrical source to me. If this checks out, I would next look at the main Motronic relay under the panel behind the seats. If you need to know which relay this is, I'll check into my manual and notes this evening after I get home.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Cargarita -

Are you getting spark at the plugs too? How are the dist. cap and rotor? All plugs are good? Reistances of plug leads good?

check ground wires, check battery connections, check relays under the rear bench, check fuses in the box, as well as relays.

I've been where you are before, and it sucks. you'll figure it out, but there's nothing worse than an intermittent problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts