Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Bosch proj. hdlts. on my 93 164s. Any idea if the low beam has a bulb that can be replaced or do I need to replace the entire unit? Only the low beam is out of commission. A sticker on the unit reads Bosch 301 086 201 HCR04 1814. Any suggestions on where I can get the bulb/unit? I have been unsuccessful with a google search.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Yes you can replace the bulb only, they use H1 bulbs for both high and low beams. You can buy it at any auto parts store.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks. I haven't noticed a convenient way to access the bulb. Do I need to remove the entire unit?

·
Premium Member
9,880 Posts
thanks. I haven't noticed a convenient way to access the bulb. Do I need to remove the entire unit?
There are dust covers over the rear part of the lamp, 2 per lamp. Just pull down on the tab and pull off the cover to access the bulb.
Pull the Grey Wire off the bulb and unlatch the bulb cage that holds the bulb in place. It unlatches from 1 side and then swings open.
Jason

·
Registered
596 Posts
He may need to move the relay bracket to get to it... If you do (the black rectangular thing right above the headlight housing) just unscrew the two small nuts and swing the entire bracket out of the way.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
finished the job this morning. thanks for the info. everything hidden under the cross-member making clip that holds dust cover impossible to see. The clip that holds the bulb took a bit of observation before that was figured out. of course now it seems like childs play.

Thank you for your help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts