Alfa Romeo Forums banner

92 Spider Veloce - 3,782 miles on eBay

3K views 24 replies 12 participants last post by  SkipR 
#1 ·
#3 ·
For a car that pristine with that low miles, it should be on Bring a Trailer and not eBay.

My guess is that the seller would like 30K, which I believe is worth it.

Thanks

#9 ·
nah, lights are definitely different.....sure sign of a ding. (Ok, a great big SUV could have dinged it in the showroom where it's been standing since 1994,....)

(oh, yes, I know I'm a picky böööger, but the ariel is also stuck up in the air;)...iow broke)

Like to see underneath photos of that one.

Attachments

#10 ·
Well, I'm not convinced the taillights aren't just reflecting different light. The left is reflecting a window, the right is not.

Good spot on the antenna though - obviously a problem there.

#13 · (Edited)
believe me, the lights are different, it is not reflection, not battery acid, it's simply two different style rear lights (happens all the time with the S4, as light units are expensive and the original "white stripe" lights are nla)...at least one has to ask why...

Oh, and if I paid 25k$ for this, I'd want this melted wiring to be explained....there is a lot happening just for sitting around 25 years in a climatized showroom, methinks....
;)

It is obviously a decent spider, but all that glistens is not gold:)
(these photos are from the car dealers website)

Attachments

#16 ·
Asking $23k and change on dealer website. A fair price if it is near perfect. The interior looks very nice, the melted wire sure bothers me and it looks like the antifreeze reservoir is empty, I’m just using my phone to browse. So I can’t tell if the antifreeze is clear or non existent. No underneath pictures and god knows if the interior smells from poor storage? I would have to see this one in person if I was a buyer. Sometimes they are just low mileage and not trophies.

1993 Spider Veloce
2016 4c Coupe

#17 ·
there are now a couple of undercarriage pics on ebay, looks decent.
Rad reservoir is OK, I can see what looks like fresh fluid (its just clear/yellow stuff, not green), and both clutch and brake look fresh fluid too.

On the dealer's site there are no undercarriage (though if you asked I'm sure he'd supply some)
https://www.egolfofbrevard.com/exot...-brevard-0eaeec6b0a0e0a6b3deebbe85925ed42.htm

driver's door rubber seal at top, the usual split missing the rubber insert cap (at only 4k miles?)
heater switch, that is a lot of wear for 4k miles (my spider has 100k miles and hasn't worn like that)

#20 ·
My car was a garage queen when I bought it in 2007 with 9k miles. Currently it has 30k. I try to drive as much as possible now whenever the weather is nice.

#25 ·
Sold $23,950. Hope the buyer doesn't plan on driving it home, not after sitting that long and with some melted wiring.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.