Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
It still amazes me low mileage originals keep popping up for sale. When does the supply end? Seems a lot of owners never enjoyed driving their car, only enjoyed looking at it.

1993 Spider Veloce
2016 4c Coupe
Kevin,

When you want to go out for a nice scenic drive, do you usually go for the keys of the Spider Veloce or the 4C first?

Thanks

·
Registered
285 Posts
Kevin,

When you want to go out for a nice scenic drive, do you usually go for the keys of the Spider Veloce or the 4C first?

Thanks

Lambert,

I got my Spider last year, from a fanatic who stored it since new in a climate control interior garage inside of a garage, he had 3 other cars inside with it. It had 14k miles on it and it still looked new. The engine bay is bright and shiny, interior like new, everything original and working. When I saw this one with 37xx miles on it pop up, I wanted to buy it because of the low mileage, but after thinking about it, I told myself no, I would just drive it and be where I am with mine.

So to answer the question, I reach for the keys of the Spider. I now have owned my car for a year and I have put 4K miles on it, the Speedometer reads 18k. I drive it as much as I can, much more than my 4c which has 6k after 3 years.

My wife and I went to Provincetown in the Spider for lunch again yesterday, about 130 mile round trip and the Spider is a joy with the roof down. It makes me smile all the time. It is just a special car.

I’m sure the low miles Spider will need a few things fixed, but overall someone will have a great car to enjoy driving or to look at.

1993 Spider Veloce
2016 4c Coupe

·
Registered
102 Posts
It still amazes me low mileage originals keep popping up for sale. When does the supply end? Seems a lot of owners never enjoyed driving their car, only enjoyed looking at it.

1993 Spider Veloce
2016 4c Coupe
There’s a good amount of low mileage S4’s around. I know of an identical 1993 Spider with about the same mileage that was never even registered until a few years ago still had the Paul Spruell Alfa tag on the rear. The original owner had put 3k miles on it without registering it!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Sold $23,950. Hope the buyer doesn't plan on driving it home, not after sitting that long and with some melted wiring.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts