Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the last month or so my warm idle has increased slightly. From cold it starts instantly and settles to 1150. The idle is very smooth cold or warm and there are no other performance issues.
Thanks!

·
Registered
203 Posts
My 91B also has a high idle when warm, about 1,100. I think that is the maximum allowed by DEQ in my state. The last time I went through DEQ is was just slightly above at 1,120 or so but they let me pass. Is there anyway to adjust this down a little?

·
Premium Member
27,292 Posts
Youse guys or you all need to recheck min/max throttle switch for click 0<1 degree of throttle opening first. If no click loosen two 7 or 8mm hex heads and readjust.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Steve-
At least for me it's y'all...
I was thinking I'd verify throttle switch adjustment first, then check idle air valve.
Mine were 7 mm hex.
Thanks.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
After a tiny adjustment of the throttle switch I have 900 RPM at warm idle. I wonder how they get out of adjustment, mine was off by about a billionth of an inch.
My hex heads were 7 mm.
Thanks!

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
Glad to hear it wasn't a big deal Jeff. I haven't had to fuss with the throttle switch yet thankfully.

BTW, do you have any foglights from your parts car?

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sean-
Glad to see you sold your car...someone got a nice ride.
The idle is much better, but I'm still going to check out my idle air valve, etc. Inquiring minds want to know.
My 164 parts car has matching shattered foglights. The housings are intact.
Whatever happened to Charles? His black S is still kicking, sort of, with 240,000 miles.

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
Shattered Passenger side fog light is what I have :) Charles moved to Canada, but I think he is looking for an Alfa again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts