Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
New here and glad to have found it. I want to install a wooden Alfa steering wheel for my '91 Veloce and the folks at Centerline do not have a hub/adapter for it. They suggested to share this with you all. Anybody have any luck using an '89 hub/adapter? Also open to any other suggestions.
Sean

·
Registered
37 Posts
Proper S4 HUB for Nardi wheel

I spent more time than I'd like to admit putting the proper HUB and Nardi wheel on my 91 Spider. Crowder's ended up with the proper hub after many returns to other vendors. The hub which just fits on the spine without rubbing is NARDI 4302.14.1006 "Alfa Romeo Multi-fit". It's a close fit with about 1/4" of reveal all round. There is a possibly that some S4 were fitted with Alfetta spines wheels thus with a different plastic housing. The people at Crowder's have the Nardi wheels also.
Ron

·
Registered
520 Posts
Authentic Nardi wheels come with a Nardi horn button. They do sell an alfa button that can replace it, but I had to slightly carve its outer perimeter plastic about 2mm to fit it. Worked great

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you. So to summarize: I buy a Nardi wheel and hub/adapter for my '91 and then buy the horn button from Centerline which displays the Alfa logo. Shave the edges of the horn and then insert in place of the Nardi horn?
Sean

·
Premium Member
3,620 Posts
I was told there isn't a hub available for the S4 because it has an airbag steering wheel, and there are regulations against tampering with such safety devices. I learned (wink, nudge) that a GTV-6 adapter would work. I bought one, but had to trim approx. 1/8 in. from the end since it interfered with the steering column housing. Once I did this, the new steering wheel fit properly. However, if you buy a smaller diameter wheel, and are 5' 10", be advised that it obscures the oil pressure and voltage gauges.

Hi Guys,
New here and glad to have found it. I want to install a wooden Alfa steering wheel for my '91 Veloce and the folks at Centerline do not have a hub/adapter for it. They suggested to share this with you all. Anybody have any luck using an '89 hub/adapter? Also open to any other suggestions.
Sean

·
Registered
520 Posts
What I've found is that most who complain about gauge visibility are sitting too upright. Ease back your seat. Seated correctly, your arms should be straight when in the 2 and 10 oclock position on the wheel. That's how it was designed and why you're not seeing the gauges

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you! So in your opinion I can order one of the Alfa steering wheels from Centerline Alfa and then purchase the GTV-6 adapter?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts